The aim of the hub training programme is to develop pioneering leadership. Whether that be those who God is calling to plant new churches, or those God is raising up within existing churches to be key members of pastoral staff teams or even successional senior pastors. Hub aims to create an environment for people to intentionally train and continue on their journey of pursuing and stepping into all that God is call them to.
The Hub training programme began in 2010 with the first hub centre in Leicester and quickly expanded to having hubs in Reading and Belfast. There are now multiple hub training centres across the UK and Ireland training over 250 students.
Hub training is viewed as 3 year programme depending on your level of calling and experience. Students can engage with the hub training programme at three levels:
- Those currently leading in their local setting - Leading small groups or Areas of ministry
- Have a growing sense of a call to ministry - Also acknowledged by their Senior Pastor
- Wanting to explore the possibilities and training for the future
These students will be expected to commit to:
- Attending the monthly hub training session and the intensive training days held once a term.
- Work through a recommending reading list
- Intentionally develop their leadership in their local setting.
- Those emerging in leadership - Taking greater weight and responsibility in their local setting.
- Their leadership development is being affirmed, celebrated and released by their Senior Pastor
- Experiencing a growing call to life-long ministry, in a full or part-time context, as part of a pastroal staff team, as a senior leader or exploring church planting.
- And are therefore training for the future as their calling develops.
In addition to the expectations of a level 1, level 2 students will be expected to:
- Enrol and engage with additional Theological Training
- Those with a clear and recognised call to life-long ministry
- Those who are stepping into their call to senior leadership / church planting
- They are either currently in a staff position, are currently church planters, or are in the process of being considered for leadership positions or being released to plant.
In addition to the expectations of level 2, Level 3 students will be expected to:
- Receive intentional mentoring either in the local context, by your hub leadership team, and/or from the church planting co-ordinator (CPC) connected to the hub centre.
- You will be encouraged to develop and gather a leadership development record which can be included as part of the church planting assessment process, or be added to a CV when applying/interviewing for a pastoral staff role in an established or transitioning church.